Premature Greying of hair- Cause and Natural treatment (home remedies)
Premature Greying of Hair – Causes and Natural Treatment
welcome to my new post on Premature Greying of hair- Cause and Natural treatment (home remedies). Today’s post is all about Premature greying of hair, causes of premature greying of hair and natural treatment and home remedies to prevent premature greying of hair from happening.
There are lot of causes of premature grey hair like stress, poor lifestyle and diet, pollution.
This might not seem a serious problem at all but it might slowly increase and you will wish you had taken care of grey hair earlier.
That is why I am here with some home remedies that are proven to be effective to treat that stubborn premature greying of hair.
There was a time when greying of hair start at the age of 35-40 years. But, in today’s hectic schedule, problem of premature greying of hair has been started in teenagers and 20’s.
Before We Start
The home remedies for premature greying of hair at home given below are some of the famous remedies. I am not a medical practitioner but a victim.
I also have grey hair and I am not even 30. I have a done a lot of research about it. So, general home remedies have no side effects, but the tablets and multivitamins supplements are to be taken only as per the guidelines by a doctor.
Causes of premature greying of hair
Increased pitta dosha:– Anyone knowing ayurveda knows what pitta is. You can check this link to find out what pitta is and what is your dosha. Hot natured food increases pitta. Pitta in general means heat. When heat is increased in our body, it directly affects hair. It makes our body age fast, starting with premature greying of hair .
Genetics:- If parents have the genes that causes early grey hairs, children is most likely to get that problem. There is nothing that can be done to prevent ot. Still you can consult doctor.
Bad assessed:- Poor nutrition is one of the causes of premature greying of hair. Deficiency of vitamin B-12 and B-5, zinc, iron, copper, vitamin E, protein and blood (Anaemia) also causes premature grey hair.
Stress:- Stress causes hormonal imbalances in the body like thyroid and pituitary imbalance that causes premature grey hair.
Pollution:- The environment today isn’t good for us. Water pollution, pesticides used in the food we eat, polluted air etc cause various hair problems.
Smoking:- In a study it has been found that people who smoke have grey hair at double fast rate than those who don’t.
Chemicals:- Use of chemical dyes, specially containing ammonia and Hydroperoxide causes grey hair.
Natural treatment and home remedies to prevent premature greying of hair
1) Amla (Indian goose berry oil)
Amla oil is a blessing oil for premature greying of hair. But check ingredients list on the oil bottle before buying it. Many companies use mineral oil as a base which is very harmful for hair. It must be either coconut oil or sesame oil (commonly used). You can even eat 1 raw amla in the morning empty stomach. Amla can be consumed as juice or powder. It will give you same benefit.
Take one spoon of amla and aloe vera juice each, add it in the 1/3 glass of water and drink it in the morning empty stomach. Do not consume anything after that for at least one hour.
Buy Amla hair oil infused with coconut oil here
Buy amla hair oil infused with sesame oil here
If you can afford, you can go on purchasing bhringraj hair oil.
Bhringraj hair oil is a medicinal oil specially made for premature greying of hair and baldness. It is a expensive just a bit. But it helps to calm pitta dosh which is main reason for all the hair problems. It works wonder for hair. My doctor suggested it for me and I am using it regularly for two months. Massage with it, leave it overnight and wash it next morning with a mild shampoo.
I think the best ways is to eat consume amla as food, juice or rasayan and use bhringraj oil as massaging oil.
Buy – Bhringraj Hair Oil
3) Coconut oil+ curry leaves
Take oil in a bowl as per hair length and add curry leaves of 2 stalks to it. Boil it on low flame in a pan. When leaves turned brown, turn off the gas and massage it onto your scalp while its still warm enough. Leave it overnight or for at least one hour then wash off.
You can even made paste of leaves and then boil it into coconut oil.
Curry leaves have the essential element called melanin which gives dark color to the hair.
4) Coconut oil+ Lemon juice
Warm coconut oil a bit. Add 1 tspoon of lemon juice to it and apply onto scalp. Leave the oil for 30-45 minutes and then wash it off with mild shampoo. Use it twice a week.
5) Yoga and Exercise
A simple 5 steps of pranayam will solve many problems in addition to the hair, whether its baldness, greying, hairfall, eyes, heart and many other. Exercise make your blood flow which results in proper nutrition to all the area of the body. For all hair problems, do pranayam in the morning, sarvangasna or sheershasna (only one) and rubbing the back of your nails together.
For men, rub nails of all the five fingers and for women, rub nails of four fingers only. Do not rub your thumb as it will grow hair on your moustache and beard.
7) Multivitamin tablets
You can take multivitamins tablets containing copper, zinc, iron and magnesium and vitamin B-complex and B-12, after consulting a doctor, of course.
8) Kesh Rasayan (By Shree Nityanandam ji)
For this you need, 100 gms of amla powder, Bhringraj powder (or dried leaves) , black sesame seeds and mishri (Avoid if diabetic patient) each. Mix them and consume one spoon of this in morning and evening and do not eat anything for one hour after this. Do it for 3 months. If it doesn’t work then leave it for 15 days and again start it for 3 months.
This rasayan is also mentioned in ayurveda. It has shown the great results to the people who have used it.
If you really want to reverse your grey hair, then you have to adopt a good lifestyle. Follow these recommendations to prevent greying of hair.
- First thing, pacify your pitta dosha if it is increased. Take the dosha test on the link above I have mention in the cause section (you can simply google ‘online dosha test’) and find out) . Avoid junk food, hot natured and fast food, eat only home cooked food.
- Apply fresh aloe vera juice+vitamin e capsule pack once a week, lets say sunday.
- Reduce mental stress and try to be happy.
- Drink 8-10 glass of water daily.
- If you are vegetarian, then include milk to your diet. Milk has almost every vitamins and minerals which is present in all the non veg food. So drink milk if you do not want to have a deficiency of any vital vitamins.
- Do exercise and yoga everyday.
- Avoid coffee, tea and hot natured food kike red chilly powder and sour and acidic food like pickle. However, you can eat amla pickle.
- Quit smoking
- Always use a mild shampoo. They are bit expensive. But do not worry. You can always make your shampoo mild. What you have to do is mix the required quantity of shampoo with water and mix it properly then apply. When you direct apply a shampoo, hatch chemicals present in it make you scalp dry which is the main reason of premature greying of hair
Please try it and share your reviews with me in comments. And I will also tell you if bhringraj oil worked for me. ☺
- Re’equil Skin Radiance Cream For Pigmentation Review
- Premature Greying of hair- Cause and Natural treatment (home remedies)
- Re’equil Vitamin C Face Toner Review
- NATURE’S ABSOLUTES AMLA OIL REVIEW
- Baidyanath Amla Juice Review
- Mukti Gold Herbal Hair wash + Conditioner Review
- Mamaearth Onion Oil Scalp Serum with Onion Oil & Niacinamide Review
- Review: Mamaearth Onion Hair Serum with Onion and Biotin
- Stop Hair fall and Hair Loss- Regrow Hair Naturally Without Side Effects
- Dermafique All Important Skin Toner Review
- Lakme 9 To 5 CC Cream, Beige, Review
- KAZIMA Aloe Vera Gel Review
- Review: Lakme Radiance Complexion Compact Powder, Marble
- Beauty Berry Primer 3 in 1 Review
- Biotique Bio Cucumber Pore Tightening Toner Review