Dot and Key Cica Calming Blemish Clearing Salicylic Face Wash with Green Tea Oil for Oily Acne Prone Skin Review
Hey guys! Welcome to my blog and here I am with Dot and Key Cica face wash review. This face wash is my first product from Dot and key brand. Salicylic acid is a must ingredient for Oily skin and Acne-prone skin type people and in this face wash, salicylic acid is a hero ingredient that is great at preventing acne and pimples. I am also trying Dot and Key spot Corrector Serum and I will soon post its review, but before that let’s dive into the Dot and Key Cica Calming Blemish Clearing Salicylic Face Wash Review.
About Dot and Key Cica Salicylic Face Wash
This Dot & Key Cica Calming Face Wash is formulated with Cica, Green Tea, and Salicylic for acne and acne scars and it is a Sulphate-free face wash for sensitive, oily, and acne-prone skin which kills acne-causing bacteria, reducing active acne & prevent further breakouts. It mildly exfoliates to break down blockages & clear clogged, congested pores.
This Cica Calming Face Wash for oily skin contains no added synthetic fragrance.
Benefits of Dot and Key Cica Salicylic Face Wash
Following are the benefits claimed by Dot and Key Cica Salicylic Face Wash to provide:
- Treats Pimples, Acne & Acne Scars
- 100% Sulphate Free
- Unclogs Pores Minimizes Blemishes
- Reduces Inflammation
- Reduces active acne and acne scars
- Stabilizes skin’s sebum production
- Calms irritation, redness & sensitivity
- Suitable for Oily, Acne-prone Skin
Who is it for?
- Acne and Blemishes, Redness, and Imbalanced pH.
- Oily, Acne-Prone, Sensitive Skin.
Ingredients in Dot and Key Cica Salicylic Face Wash
Full ingredients: Aloe Barbadensis (Aloe Vera) Leaf Juice, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Decyl Glucoside, Disodium Cocoyl Glutamate, Butylene Glycol, Salicylic Acid, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Centella Asiatica (Cica) Leaf Extract, Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Leaf Extract, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Oil, Zinc PCA, Lactobacillus/Pear Juice Ferment Filtrate (and) Phellodendron Amurense Bark Extract (and) Salix Alba (Willow) Bark Extract (and) Rehmannia Chinensis Root Extract (and) Melia Azadirachta (Neem) Leaf Extract (and) Scutellaria Baicalensis Root Extract (and) Houttuynia Cordata Extract (and) Glycine Soja (Soybean) Seed Extract, Mentha Piperita (Peppermint) Oil, Sodium Hydroxide, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Camphor, Benzophenone – 4, Panthenol, Xanthan Gum, Disodium EDTA, Benzyl Alcohol (and) Ethylhexylglycerin (and) Tocopherol, CI 19140, CI 42090.
How to Use Dot and Key Cica Salicylic Face Wash
- Squeeze out the tube and lather up.
- Apply to wet face and massage for 30 sec.
- Rinse and pat dry.
- Use twice a day for the best results
- Follow with toner, serum, and moisturizer.
My Experience with Dot and Key Cica Salicylic Face Wash
Let us talk about this salicylic acid face wash for oily skin and acne-prone skin step by step.
Packaging, Texture, and Consistency
This Dot and Key Cica Salicylic acid face wash come in a lime color tube with a white cap, which is sturdy and quite travel-friendly packaging.
This Salicylic acid face wash has a gel texture which has a pale faint green hue with a thick consistency and it has a mild refreshing tea tree oil fragrance that is strong when taken out but non-lingering after use.
My skin type? Combination skin
I have a combination skin type which becomes dry in winter and sweaty and oily in summer. That means you’ve got to change your skin care products throughout the year.
This salicylic acid face wash gel-like texture is gentle on the skin and it exfoliates the skin without making foam, just the gel. Even in the winter, for a face wash that is specially formulated for oily skin, it did not dry out the face at all or cause any irritation.
The best thing about this Dot and key face wash is its tea tree fragrance which I just loved the most. It was like smelling the Center Fresh while I was lathering it but do not you worry, as it doesn’t linger or bother and soon fades away.
While rubbing on the face, you can also feel a cooling and refreshing sensation on your skin which makes this salicylic face wash an excellent choice for summer.
This face wash from Dot and Key is free from sulfate and artificial fragrance.
Normally, I do not get acne or pimples, just a couple of them, and I got a blemish mark on my cheek. As this Face wash is for acne and blemish clearing, I wanted to see how it works. It didn’t clear any acne or blemish or make any difference (as it was just a trial pack) but it did even out my skin making it a little brighter and clearer it was not that any other face wash would not do, but this face wash might work for someone who has mild acne problems. Although I got a trial pack, it would not be fair to say this face wash will not work on your face, it might.
Also, it did not work on my blackheads and whiteheads, even having salicylic acid in this face wash. I still had to use a scrub for removing blackheads. Overall, my experience with this Dot and Key Cica face wash is just as a refreshing face wash.
Side Effects of Dot and Key CICA Face Wash
None so far.
Price of Dot and Key Cica Salicylic Face Wash
100 ml for ₹295
Pros and cons of Dot and Key Cica Salicylic Face Wash
- Contains 2% salicylic acid, Green Tea, Tea Tree Essential Oil, and Cica as key ingredients
- Clears the skin gently
- Does not dry out the skin
- Brightens the skin a little
- Does not create much foam so dry skin people can use try it too.
- Prevents acne from recurring and unclogs the pores
- Nice fragrance
- Travel-friendly packaging
- No irritation
- No artificial fragrance
Does not clear acne pimple marks and blemishes effectively
This Salicylic face wash from Dot and Key is a nice face wash for oily skin, acne-prone skin and sensitive skin and being a an oil control face-wash, it doesn’t rid your face of natural oil or dry your skin and clears clogged pores but I need a face up that makes my skin wake up and glow and this face wash did not work out for me like that because, of course, these are winter times and my skin feels a bit dry, so, may be next time in summers. Bye-bye, Cica! For now!
Dot and Key
- Lotus Herbals UV Screen Matte Gel Sunscreen SPF 50 PA+++ Review
- Biotique Bio Kelp Protein Shampoo Review
- Mukti Gold Herbal Hair wash + Conditioner Review
- Mamaearth Aqua Glow Face Wash Review
- Mamaearth Rice Water Shampoo Review
- Mamaearth Rice Water Conditioner Review
- Lotus Herbals Safe Sun – Sun Block Cream PA++ UVA UVB SPF30 Review
- Mamaearth Aqua Glow Face Serum Review
- Mamaearth Aqua Glow Gel Face Moisturizer Review
- Mamaearth Onion Hair Oil Review
- Mamaearth Skin Plump Face Serum Review
- Bella Vita Organic EyeLift Eye Cream Gel Review
- Mamaearth Ubtan Face Mask Review
- ST. D’VENCE Ocean Drop With Hydrolyzed Collagen Body Wash Review
- Kao Bioré UV AQUA Rich Watery Essence Sunscreen Review
- The Moms Co Natural Vita Rich Face Cream Review
Find Me on