Cetaphil Oily Skin Cleanser Review For Combination, Oily and Sensitive Skin
Cetaphil Oily Skin Cleanser Review: After feeling disappointment from using Cetaphil toner and Cetaphil Brightening day cream, I was skeptical about using this Cetaphil Oily Cleanser , but then I still ended up buying this as I was too fed up with my combination skin, which is now also sensitive and acne prone. I bought this Cetaphil cleanser small pack which is a sample pack for oily and combination skin to try as it claims to deeply cleanse and minimize pores without ‘stripping’ skin of natural moisture, as it has the blend of essential niacinamide (vitamin B3) and panthenol (pro-vitamin B5). So I thought, why not! Let’s give this one a try.
About Cetaphil Oily Skin Cleanser
Claims: This Cetaphil Oily Skin Face wash has low lather gel formula which deep cleanse the skin and reduces the appearance of pore and is clinically tested to remove dirt, excess oils and makeup without leaving skin dry or tight. It is formulated with a blend of vitamin B3 and pro-vitamin B5 to preserve the natural skin barrier. Defends against 5 signs of skin sensitivity including dryness, irritation, roughness, tightness and a weakened skin barrier.
Benefits of Cetaphil Oily Skin Cleanser
Cetaphil Oily Skin Cleanser Ingredients
- Niacinimide supports a healthy skin barrier, improve skin overall texture and prevents skin conditions including acne, pimples etc.
- Glycerin is a humectant, a type of moisturizing agent that pulls water into the outer layer of your skin from deeper levels of your skin and the air.
- Panthenol(pro-vitamin B5) works as an emollient which means it can moisturize and soothe the skin.
Full List of Ingredients
Aqua, Glycerin, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Disodium Laureth Sulfosuccinate, Sodium Cocoamphoacetate, Panthenol, Niacinamide, Pantolactone, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Sodium Benzoate, Parfum, Amyl Cinnamal, Citronellol, Geraniol, Hydroxycitronellal, Linalool, Sodium Chloride, Citric Acid. FIL.1744.V00
Not so Great Ingredients
- Citronellol, Linalool, Geraniol and Hydroxycitronellal- Also fragrances
How to use Cetaphil Oily Skin Cleanser
Using Cetaphil Oily Skin Cleanser is simple and can be incorporated into your daily skincare routine. Follow these steps for best results:-
Wet your face with water, take a small amount of the face wash on your palm, gently massage the product onto your face using circular motions, focusing on T-zone and areas with impurities or makeup.
Rinse thoroughly with water and pat dry, then follow with your favorite moisturizer or serum.
My Experience with Cetaphil Oily Skin Cleanser
Packaging, Texture, and Consistency
The Cetaphil Oily Skin Cleanser pack which I purchased is actually a sample pack, hence is a small white plastic bottle with screw cap. The actual pack of this Cetaphil cleanser comes in a sturdy plastic white pump bottle packaging.
This Cetaphil facial cleanser has a transparent gel-like texture with thick consistency and very easy to lather up, but creates almost no foam. It has mild and a pleasant fragrance which does not linger much and does not irritate sensitive, nor linger for a long time, and this cleanser contains ‘parfum’ and other fragrances, so if you don’t like artificial fragrance, this products is not for you.
It is a gentle texture face wash, means no foam and if you want a foamy face wash, this one is not for you.
Also, this is not fragrance free face wash.
- Mamaearth Tea Tree Face Wash Review
- Mamaearth Vitamin C Face Wash Review
- Mamaearth Aqua Glow Face Wash Review
- Mamaearth Retinol Face Wash Review
- Garnier Bright Complete VITAMIN C Facewash Review
As someone with combination and acne prone skin, I am always cautious about the products I use on my face. However, this face wash has been gentle and non-irritating. After using Cetaphil Oily Skin Cleanser for 2 weeks consistently, and I can say that it provides a thorough cleanse. I don’t use any heavy makeup, just a little BB or CC and when I wash my face with it, my face skin is left thorough cleansed without any trace of make-up and grime.
I have used it in winters and there are so many dry patches on my face skin, so when I come back from my job my face is like so exhausted and after washing it with this Cetaphil cleanser feels great as it doesn’t create foam, but… my cheek feels a little tight/dry, which is drawback of this cleanser.
But my T-zone feels cleansed properly.
Good Choice for oily skinned people.
But for combination skin, I don’t think this Cetaphil cleanser is a good choice, because I found it a bit stripping after wash, and just a simple cleansing facewash, nothing special. And to be honest, which is for all, I found Cetaphil products really expensive. I have used many skin care and hair care products in my life and also some skin and hair care home remedies which works better than this one.
Even some Indian Brands like Mamaearth has some promising products and they are not even that expensive.
Not to mention, it contains Perfum and other fragrances which makes it pleasant to the nose but not to the skin. So I am skipping this Cetaphil Cleanser for next time.
Is Cetaphil Oily Skin Cleanser for acne prone skin?
I don’t usually get a lot of acnes, only when I eat a lot of junk food or try greasy skin care products but Cetaphil Oily skin cleanser is not working for me right now for acnes, in any of the case I just mentioned above.
I didn’t find any acne fighting ingredients in it and it also makes my skin dry, which is why I skipped it for now.
If you have acne due to oiliness of skin or excess sebum production, you should definitely try out this cleanser.
Side-effects of Cetaphil Oily Skin Cleanser
I have not seen any side effects of Cetaphil Oily Skin Cleanser so far.
Where to buy Cetaphil Oily Skin Cleanser
If you still want to try this facial cleanser for oily skin, Cetaphil Oily Skin Cleanser is available for purchase on the official Cetaphil website as well as various e-commerce platforms such as Amazon, Flipkart, and Nykaa. It is always recommended to purchase from authorized sellers to ensure you are getting an authentic product.
- Lotus Herbals UV Screen Matte Gel Sunscreen SPF 50 PA+++ Review
- Biotique Bio Kelp Protein Shampoo Review
- Mukti Gold Herbal Hair wash + Conditioner Review
- Mamaearth Aqua Glow Face Wash Review
- Mamaearth Rice Water Shampoo Review
- Mamaearth Rice Water Conditioner Review
- Lotus Herbals Safe Sun – Sun Block Cream PA++ UVA UVB SPF30 Review
- Mamaearth Aqua Glow Face Serum Review
- Mamaearth Aqua Glow Gel Face Moisturizer Review
- Mamaearth Onion Hair Oil Review
- Mamaearth Skin Plump Face Serum Review
- Bella Vita Organic EyeLift Eye Cream Gel Review
- Mamaearth Bye Bye Dark Circles Eye Cream Review
- Plum Green Tea Mattifying Moisturizer Review
- The Derma Co Creamy Face Cleanser for Sensitive Skin Review
- Mamaearth Niacinamide Bamboo Sheet Mask Review
- Mamaearth Ubtan Face Mask Review
- ST. D’VENCE Ocean Drop With Hydrolyzed Collagen Body Wash Review
- Kao Bioré UV AQUA Rich Watery Essence Sunscreen Review
- The Moms Co Natural Vita Rich Face Cream Review